Friday, November 18, 2011

Crape Myrtles does anyone have photos of a pruned crape myrtle tree/bush?

I am trying to prune my trees (first year) they are about 5.5 ft tall I want them to stay full to cover pool equip. But I need details

Crape Myrtles does anyone have photos of a pruned crape myrtle tree/bush?
Betty! So glad you asked this question, and I hope it's not too late. Down here (in the Houston area) landscapers have a really BAD habit of pruning crepe myrtles in a dreadful manner...scalping them really. There is a better and more "humane" method (if we can use that word when dealing with trees?)


You're dead-on when you say it's time to prune. Now is the time. I'm going to drop you a link or two for more information, and wish you Happy Yardening!

flowers anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment